It’s time for another Mactuts+ session! Sessions are an awesome way to learn a ton of great stuff about a specific topic. This time around we’re tackling a topic that will bring you from being a typical Mac user to a bona fide Mac wizard: Terminal. Read on to get a peek at all of the great topics that we’re going to cover.
From Novice to Ninja
Whether you’ve dabbled in shell scripts before or have never even launched the Terminal application, you’ll find just what you need in this session. We start with a gentle Terminal introduction that’ll help you get past any anxiousness that you have about approaching this topic, followed by a few fun and easy posts that will get you comfortable in no time. Before you know it, you’ll be tackling aliases and writing your own Alfred extensions like a pro.
- Navigating the Terminal: A Gentle Introduction
- Quick Tip: Trick Out Your Mac with Terminal
- How to Play Tetris, Pong and Other Hidden Games on Your Mac
- 10 Terminal Commands That Every Mac User Should Know
- Quick Tip: Organize Your Dock With Spacers
- Speed Up Your Terminal Workflow with Command Aliases and .profile
- Quick Tip: Lightning Fast File Creation with Terminal
- Write an Alfred Extension to Create Files on the Fly